Rockwell ntddl.dll

care4u

I installed RSLogix 5 and 500 on a new PC (WinXp Sp2 installed).
Installation went Ok, but if i try to open any Rockwell products it fails to open with error in ntdll.dll. I Tried many pc with win XP Sp2 same error appears in all Systems. Tried different versions of RSLogix5 (v5.20, v6.30 v7.00). Errors remain same.
Kindly give soloution for this.

RsLogix5: Version 7.00
RsLogix500: Version 7.00

I run both RSL5&500 in 2 PCs and have no problems. I do remember going to Rockwell Automation for something for RSLinx, which was needed for Win XP. I also suspect something with RSLinx.

XP SP2 caused a lot of problems with Rockwell Software products. You can go to the link below, that will link you to a number of manual adjustments and patches to get around these issues, or you could do a Windows update to a newer SP. I don't know about your error specifically, but SP2 caused so many problems, I doubt you could list them all. The safest bet would be to call RA tech support and verify that this is indeed your issue.

http://domino.automation.rockwell.com/applications/kb/RAKB.nsf/0/434CEF9B6A54183885256F4D006A758C?OpenDocument

What version of RsLinx are you using?
-----------------------------------------

Rs Linx Version 2.4

You should probably call Rockwell on this one. I think you do need the patches for RsLinx but I don't think that should keep you from being able to open the software. I don't know this for sure since I never needed the patches. I do now run XP with RsLogix 500 and 5000.

If you want to try the RsLinx 1st, I would go to Rockwell Software and download 2.50. It would probably be easier than applying the patches.

You will still need the patch to get the help file to work for RsLinx running as a service with 2.50 but you shouldn't need the others

The Problem Got Solved.
--------------------------
I Received reply from Rockwell, They stated to check and delete EVICOM.sys file in my PC. I Did so, deleted EVICOM.SYS. Now all my rockwell programmes working fine.

Thanks for all members of this forum, and specially who responded.

The Problem Got Solved.
--------------------------
I Received reply from Rockwell, They stated to check and delete EVICOM.sys file in my PC. I Did so, deleted EVICOM.SYS. Now all my rockwell programmes working fine.

Thanks for all members of this forum, and specially who responded.

Thank God and thank you SO MUCH friend!

Do we have a record here? Someone responds to a post that is over three years old. Even better, their FIRST post is responding to a three year old post.

Welcome to the site djorkaef, you might check dates when responding to future posts.

OG

Well here is someone who used the search facility and found the answer they were needing.

Great effort, we need more first time posters that can do this, and show there gratitude with a thanyou.

Welcome to the site djorkaef,

Do we have a record here? Someone responds to a post that is over three years old. Even better, their FIRST post is responding to a three year old post.

Welcome to the site djorkaef, you might check dates when responding to future posts.

OG
Hi,

I knew it was 3 years old and i specially registred here to thank the man that posted the solution. Found the toppic with google. I know the chance is small he will read it but he really made me happy after several days of searching.

Last edited:
Hi,

I knew it was 3 years old and i specially registred here to thank the man that posted the solution. Found the toppic with google. I know the chance is small he will read it but he really made me happy after several days of searching.

Well said djorkaef and good work on your search efforts.
I agree with Gil47.

This thread missed its 3 yearly bump, so heres a 4 year bump.
All of a sudden i was having problems opening RSL5,500 and 5K. Even after reinstalling i was getting an AppCrash error relating to ntdll.dll. I read this thread then deleted EVICOM.SYS from c:\ and now all seems to be working (so far!!!!)