Connecting OP27 to PC

girevik

Hello,

i'm trying to connect Simatic OP27 Panel to the PC.

I have a USB/MPI adapter, which request 24V power supply, as i have read, OP does not have such power supply, so i'm unable to use that adapter with OP27, right? (btw, would external power supply fix the problem)?

I also have rs232 cable, but i'm not sure I can use that since there is a rs422/485 label on the OP, so that way (without 485/232 adapter) would not work i believe, is that right?

I also have read that I should use IF2 (rs232/TTY port) to connect op27 to PC, but i'm not sure how I it's possible - that port looks strange. However i have found pins diagramm for that port, so i'm wondering if I can just connect rs232 cable to those pins (i.e. use home-made adapter)?

thanks

parky said:
It is ok to use 232 that's how you normaly program them.

thanks for your reply.

Do you mean that 232 on the op27 which looks like a standard rs232 on PC (9 pin, marked as 422/485) or that IF2 (15 pin, marked rs232, tty)?

thanks

which one of those two?
12344.JPG

thanks!

If my memory serves me right, it's the 15 pin, I have a siemens lead for the OP range but it is at work.

When I go back after my holiday I will check it out & confirm.

Parky,

Thank you for your help!!

I guess too that 15 pin is the right choice, I will probably try that tomorrow...

thanks again

parky,

I have tried to make a cable IF2(15 pin) to 9-pin rs232 (PC side) but it wont work. There is something wrong with the cable. I have used OP27 manual but probably I have misunderstood something.

If you do have that cable, could you give me the pinout? so i would be able to make the cable.

thanks

thank you for your reply, JesperMP,

the picture does not work, could you try again?

btw i have tried to find that cable in the CA01, but have found 6XV1440-2K... only. I guess that is what i need.

thanks!

JesperMP,

I also have found your old post:

----------
The cable type # is: 6XV1440-2KH32
On the 15-pin OP plug is noted: "TD/OP V.24". Insert in IF2 port on the OP.
On the 9-pin PC plug is noted: "TI505/PC V.24". Insert in serial port on the PC.

Do it yourself description:

OP plug: PC plug:
15-pin male 9-pin female
pin 1 shield ------ pin 1 shield
pin 3 RxD ------ pin 3 TxD
pin 4 TxD ------ pin 2 RxD
pin 12 Gnd ------ pin 5 Gnd
pin 1-6-4 jumper
pin 7-8 jumper

Notice: This is for a standard 9-pin serial port in a standard PC.
If you have a Siemens PG, then the cable is not the same.

----------

I think that's what I need.

thanks