984 contoller

thewaz

what do i need to set up a home based learning centre as i have use of 984 modicon controller?

Last edited:
I've never heard of an Allen Bradley 984. I have heard of an Allen Bradley and I have heard of a 984, but the 984E is a Modicon PLC with Ethernet.

Perhaps you can give us a bit more information and then we can be of more help.

sorry it has modicon 984 model 685e. I assummed it was allen bradley as he does work in that field. i assume it is useless to me.

What I like about 984-685E is that it can work by itself without a chass.

It has a build-in power supply so just attach power lead, connect programming cable and you ready to go.

But I think it's extremly outdated, like 20 years behind...
Or maybe it just me - last few years I am working with Logix only;)

First, to do anyything with your 984-685E you will need some programming software. For the 984 that would be either an old copy of the modsoft software or for windoze, that would be either ProworxNXT or Proworx32. Proworx is an expensive piece of software so unless your source for the 984 had a copy he no longer needs you might be stopped cold in your tracks. There is a thrid party package that programs the 984 but I don't remember what it is. Maybe someone else will. We priced it once and it was also fairly expensive. If you do have the software then all you need is a power cord and a communicaiton cable. There are many things I dont like about Proworx, but its online help is not one of them. It has excellent info on the instruction set.