Unlock library functions in Simatic S7

ltsang

Hi, can anyone pl. let me know how to unlock the library functions in Simatic Step-7 environment?

Pl. also let me know how to lock the functions coded by me.

Hello itsang;

To lock your blocks, generate a source of the completed and tested function, add the entry KNOW-HOW PROTECT after the block name, compile it and save it in a library. You can now call but you cannot (not even you, the author) open it with regular Step7 tools anymore [Note; keep a copy of the original function in a safe place, you might need it to understand what you did exactly, 6 months from now].

Search Step7 help files for KNOW-HOW PROTECT for more information.

Now, to unlock the files (yours or someone else's) you must use external software. Luca Galina at Runmode.com sells the S7Canopener, that does exactly waht you want. Also, I remember a thread recently hon this forum that discussed doing the same thing using Office software... Search this forum for more details.

Hope this helps,

Daniel Chartier

My word - I have gone to pot !

My only defense is that I have just been travelling for 24 hours - not a good excuse I know .

Told you - I have completely fallen to pieces , or should that be peaces ?

Just as well I won't be making any connexions today.

10BaseT,

I hope for you the Dutch buscompany isn't watching this thread. They already use the name Connexion, and have registered it.

BTW, after a 24 hour travel, I think you're entitled to some peacefull resting.

Kind regards,

JVC - I like to throw "connexion" in from time to time , and wait for someone to tell me I have spelt it incorrectly .
Was in the 'Dam yesterday , and if I had realised that my little 737 was going to be held up for 4 hours , I would have gone for a pint in the euro pub , but KLM chose not to tell , and prefered to make us suffer - so by the time I got home it was almost exactly 24 hours , though thankfully I managed a nights sleep at the right time , so hopefully I won't be awake through tonight .

Just got quite a nice job which is S7 plus IMAP and CBA , I and a number of other suppliers are having difficulty finding just how it will aid us , have you played with it before ?

manmeetvirdi
Very good , and what will you achieve ?
Why not write your own PID block - that will be more impressive

ltsang said:
Hi, can anyone pl. let me know how to unlock the library functions in Simatic Step-7 environment?

Pl. also let me know how to lock the functions coded by me.

I find it ironic that you're simultaneously inquiring about how to both crack somebody else's LOCK and also creating your own LOCK.

You surely realize that your functions are no better protected than are the library ones.

10baseT said:
Just got quite a nice job which is S7 plus IMAP and CBA , I and a number of other suppliers are having difficulty finding just how it will aid us , have you played with it before ?
S7: yes, a lot. IMAP and CBA: no.

Kind regards,