Direct Logic 5

nexus

My IT guy lost the product code to this software. I have had to reinstall this software because of computer upgrades. Would someone be kind enough to send me a product key/code for direct logic 5....Thanks

I sugest you call Automation Direct and explain your situation to them. They will have records of your company's purchases and can give you an authorization code.

If you follow that procedure we'll be able to distinguish you from the unscrupulous people who frequent sites like this looking for bootleg copies of copyrighted software and password cracks.

Besides, even if you have to purchase a new copy, DirectLogic32 for the DL05 is only $99. Tell the IT guy who lost the product code to cough up the money out his budget and maybe he'll be more careful in the future.

Edit:

I just found out that PC-PGM-105 is no longer a valid product number. There is now only one programming package for AD PLCs called DirectSoft5 and it costs $395. No more entry-level versions I guess. You can download a free version, but it is limited to a maximum project size of 100 words.

Last edited:
DirectSoft 5 was just released a few days ago. You mean to tell us that you lost the code to a software package that was released on Monday? If you bought it through the website, AD sends you an email with the code (they did for me anyway). I am sorry to sound skeptical, but it seems strange.

Call AutomationDirect directly. Their phone number is
+1-770-844-4200.

They will have a record of your company purchasing a copy of DS5 and most likely have your serial number on file.

I must admit I too find it hard to believe you lost the serial number already; I was a beta tester and I have yet to receive my copy of DS5; it hasn't been out long enough to loose it :)

Mark,

How did you like it? I just noticed that there's a 90 into period where you can upgradet to DS5 for $179.00. Who can complain about that??

So far, it looks great. I think the I-boxes will be great once I get familiar with them. It seems like setting up analog I/O is much easier. I haven't written a program with it yet, but hope to by the end of the week. I think it is definitly worth the regular price, so the into price is just a bonus. You can download the software from the website for free, and play around with it. If you buy it through the site, they send you a S/N through email, so you can turn it into the full blown version in minutes.:D

elevmike said:
Mark,

How did you like it? I just noticed that there's a 90 into period where you can upgradet to DS5 for $179.00. Who can complain about that??

I loved it. In virtually every aspect you can talk about DirectSoft DS5 is superior to DS4. The only complaint I had while testing was that I wasn't allowed to load the new firmware onto any PLCs other than the two they sent me so I didn't get to do much real world work with IBoxes and the like, but even those appear to be excellent additions from my lab testing (using the PLCs they supplied).

In short it is worth every penny of the full blown non-upgrade price.

One other thing I found out during testing was that you could not have as many data views open as before. Unless you where using a big monitor set at a high res I think it was limited to 7.

Oh, and I-boxes Rock!

elevmike said:
Mark,

Did you notice they are offering a free version? It only allows 100 words of ladder to be downloaded to the PLC. But still, it's nice to allow you to try before you buy.

Mike, didn't you just go through a rather painful upgrade? Was that your desktop only? For some reason I thought you'd switched to the single computer (laptop) and a docking station concept.

Mark,

No, I actually have two offices. The other one is two doors down the hall. That's my play room with all the toys. Both PCs are XP machines. 90% of the time if there is a need for jobsite PLC programming adjustments etc.. it's done from our office via a modem. (The techs carry a modem and cell phone). So use of the laptop is infrequent and usually only for PLC work on the site. Since DS4 had no problem with Win 98se I may have talked about it but never bothered. Now it's an issue because I cant risk not having the Laptop at the ready for thoes infrequent jobsite programming sessions.

Ahh, now it makes sense. I don't think I ever caught on that you had two offices. Guess you'll have to find yourself a new toy, I mean notebook ;)