LAN Modem

jgreenewv

Lifetime Supporting Member
Does anyone know of a manufacturer of 56k LAN modems? I had used a 3com OfficeConnect 3C866 on a previous job, but they've since decided to stop manufacturing it. Either industrial or commercial types would be fine, as this would be for temporary dial-in to troubleshoot some machinery at a customer's site. Thanks in advance.

Bernie,
I was looking at it on A-B's website, but I couldn't tell if it only did A-B Ethernet, or if it was a generic Modem-to-Ethernet device. Thanks.

The 9300-RADES is a generic dial-in Ethernet device. It supports any IP based application protocol (HTTP, FTP, POP3, EtherNet/IP, Modbus/TCP, etc) and includes a 10/100 4-port Ethernet switch.

I am just as bewildered by the discontinuation of the 3C886 as I am by the discontinuation of the Shiva LANModem. Maybe there's something to that salesman jive about the lifecycle of commercial and consumer products.

I know, Ken. The 3com I used was great. I was quite surprised when I went to order another one and was told they were no more. Makes no sense to me. An equipment manufacturer we rep had designed them in to several systems they make, and I'm quite curious now as to what they have planned. Possibly the A-B unit? Who knows.