imap and CBA

10baseT

Has anyone had any experience of imap and CBA with S7 ?

I have a project for a well known company where various supplies will provide equipment to be incorporated into a process line . This project is being coordinated by Siemens themselves , and part of the requirement is that all suppliers use imap and CBA . Judging from the comments , even from the Siemens guys , not everyone is sure just what to do with it .
I see the concept of profinet components and have put together a basic application - though the cost of hardware prevents me from actually testing in the real world .

I wondered if anyone has more detailed experience with imap and CBA .
Thanks!