Electronic Shaft

Prince

With the Help Of My frinds in PLCs.net I did my first motor synchronization. It was two groups of 6 synchronized motors. I Used the Simovert MC with F01 option, simolink and normal asynchronus motors. now here is my question.
I see many applications in Sites that need synchronization but Simovert MC is rather bit expensive for the purpose. I wonder if anybody here have tried other brands or other types of Siemens inverters for this purpose?

Simover MC is a beauty because all functionality it has. (That's why it costs a lot.) So it's best suited for apps with max few axes and a simple control device (even small PLC is enough) as all motion functionality can be done internally in the drives.
However with a lot of axes it's better to use a separate NC controller with simple drives like Simodrive.
Also newest baby of Siemens - Simotion + Sinamics - looks promising.
From other brands - I've found Beckhoff interesting. Have look at their TwinCAT NC.

Dear seppoalanen

Thanks for your help. I checked the Vacon seemed good to me but Can you tell me what is the limit for the number of the drives synchronised?

Dear JaceKd

Thanks for the help. The SImotion+Sinamic smells more expensive than simovert to me :) But I will check it to learn more (may be when I get more experienced I can work with wealthier Customers).

Can you give me more help telling me what does NC stands for (give me an example). During this project I did the positioning by PLC cause I was using the virtual master for synchronization and could not use the positioning feature of the drive. Did I miss sth? Is it possible to use positioning features with virtual master Axis. I realy don't know how. Can you give me a small clue to start with?

NC stands for a numerical controller or numerical control. Basicaly that's a device (with a lot of computing power)which generates travel trajectories (setpoints) for all axes. All programing of movements, synch, camming etc. (other nice stuff like interpolation in 2- and 3-D, reverse kinematics - also possible) are done in the NC. So with a NC it's enough to have simple amplifiers (without fancy things like F01 option) because they just follow the setpoints.

Prince said:
During this project I did the positioning by PLC cause I was using the virtual master for synchronization and could not use the positioning feature of the drive. Did I miss sth? Is it possible to use positioning features with virtual master Axis. I realy don't know how. Can you give me a small clue to start with?

Do you mean moving your virtual master axis from point to point instead of rotating it constantly (and other axes to follow in sync)?
If so you could use basic positioner - function diagram [789b] - as a virtual master. But this is only an idea - I've never tried it with Simovert. :unsure:

Thanks Jace

you did a great Help But I still don't Know about Nc does Siemens Have one of this type ?

In fact they have few types I know of:
- special function module for S7-300: FM357-2
- technology CPUs: 317 and 319
- Simotion
- Sinumeric