Need a little help on something other than PLCs

jthomes

I know this is not the point of this site, but since we're technical people, I'd thought I would ask. Does anyone know of a site where I can see some examples of how to test dialogic cards? I am using an Intel D/4PCIU4S to do call outs and acknowledge for alarming in our SCADA system we are developing. This is new to me. (I can program PLCs; I'm getting pretty good at integrating our products and working with OPC Servers) I have not worked with this sort of thing before. I appreciate any help I can get. Thanks

Good Luck with that. We used a Dialogic card with RSview Messenger and it is very touchy, could never get it to work 100% of the time. We endend up going with WIN911. We could'nt find any websites with any help, and there tech support is really bad.

That is what I was afraid of. The software we are integrating recommended this board and supplied the drivers. Their answer to this same question was "we don't have any info on this in our database." They are also famous for saying, "It should work."

This is what I found at Intel.

Final Validation Check

To validation check the unit, perform this test:

1) Verify that system boots up completely.

2) Verify that the installed software matches

the software BOM.

3) Verify that all boards have had firmware

successfully downloaded Use DCM to verify

that all the required boards are represented

by a board icon and that the board icons

indicate running (i.e., green).

4) Verify that no DLGC or CT Media errors are

in the event viewer.

5) Verify that required Intel NetMerge

Converged Communications Software

services have started.

6) Verify that Intel NetMerge Converged

Communications Software is at level 5.

7) Connect the system to a PBX and perform

the following functional tests:

_ Verify that inbound calls work via the

answer demo.

_ Verify that outbound calls work via the CT

Test utility.

_ Verify fax receive and send by sending

and receiving a fax via the CT Test utility.

(Note that CT Test must be invoked with

the -e option to enable fax testing.)

If anyone else has something I'm still open to ideas. Thanks

You may use U.C.ME-OPC alarm notification software product. It is easy to use and offers good functionality. It uses OPC (or DDE) to connect to any OPC server or SCADA/HMI software that supports OPC or DDE server functionality.

Alerts may be sent via: Email, SMS, Phone(Voice), Fax, Multimedia and WAP. It may also be used to analyze your alarms and understand the root cause of the alarms.

You may also send SMS commands from your cell phone to U.C.ME-OPC to change or query tag values(analog/digital).

See www.controlsee.com . A fully functional evaluation version can be downloaded.