micrologix recall

fleez28

does anyone know about this, is this maybe my problem stated in my previous thread "micrologix 1000 retentive memory faults". apparently ab made a bad batch of controllers from 04-05. i am still going to try surge suppressors to see if that helps. also i still can't figure out why one of my outputs only works when the laptop is connected

Take the wire off of the output, press the button or whatever triggers the input, then see if it faults.

What was the part number of the Micrologix you are using?

What voltage you got?

TWControls said:
Take the wire off of the output, press the button or whatever triggers the input, then see if it faults.

What was the part number of the Micrologix you are using?

What voltage you got?

Did you read this?

I don't think the recall is your problem, but I could be wrong. You are able to replicate your problem very easily. If I am reading the recall correctly, it appears to be directed to a more erratic problem

Then forget the surge suppression. You have a problem with your ground or neutral. What is the partnumber of the micrologix? How do you have the Input wired?

L16-BWA is the controller, the inputs should be wired correct, i tested for 24v and got it when i should've. both my selector switches control the 24v dc inputs and they also have 120v coming back to them to illuminate when an output is engaged, my only concern with this is i have 2 contactors and one of the lights on the same output, which i can see should have surge suppression, the other light is on a seperate output but will only illuminate when i have the laptop hooked up, i have no problems when i remove either the input wires or output wires from the contrller, meaning i can turn the switches on and have them illuminate with no problem if no contactors are connected, and i can turn on the contactors by forcing them on and no faults occur(i'm not certain but i think when you force on something it overides the fault) as you can see i can get each half of the system working on it's own but when they operate together i get that major fault and lose my memory, i'm going to up my ground to a 10 awg and add surge suppressors to my contactors to see if that helps, i still do, however, think that it has something to do with the static memory of the controller and may need servicing,

or maybe i'm just overlooking something extremely simple

But didn't you say it would fault with the outputs disconnected. It only took they input being pressed?

Here is another test. Force all of your outputs OFF and try it

Also, are you using a separate 24 Volt supply for you inputs?

Could you give details of exactly how your Inputs are wired if the above test faults the processor?

no, it only faults when both contactors are connected, when individually connected they're fine, and the same for the light on the same output, this is why i think i probably need the surge suppressors, the combination of both coils cannot be handled by only one output, as for the inputs i am using the 24v terminals directly off the controller, and yes my next step is to try a seperate 24v power supply, i did try to force off all outputs and everything worked fine, no faults, still having a hard time understanding why one of my switch light will only illuminate when the laptop is hooked up, never seen this before