Export from RSLogix5 to AB 6200 Software

JamesWSY

Hi..
I have difficulties on export the project from RSLOgix5 to 6200 series software. I try to import from 6200 series and I found the CTRee error. How to make succesful import?
Thank you
James

This goes back a ways. 6200 is DOS based and created a lot of files. If you are looking at only the ladder logic, I think you should be able to upload from the processor with either package. If you are hoping to bring in the descriptions. There is not much you can do here. 6200 was weak in the descriptions and realy required an addition program called Taylor Document. If you could find someone that still has a copy ICOM, the beginning of RSLogix, it may allow you to do this in 3 steps. 6200 to ICOM then ICOM to RSLogix. IF not, looks like a lot of keyboard time. I am sorry I could not be of any real help, and alot of this is from memory but has been 12 to 14 years sense I used this.

To export from 6200 to Rslogix5:
I believe that RSLogix5 can open 6200 files natively.

To import into 6200 from RSLogix5:
I believe that you have to save in RSLogix5 as ".X5" files, then in 6200 you can import both code and comments from one of the menus (dont remember exactly which). Possibly it is called "AI" format in 6200.