RS Logix 5000, which version?

Ken Moore

Lifetime Supporting Member
Getting ready to do my first Control Logix application, and I'm having a hard time picking the correct software package.

I need/want to be able to program using all methods, not just ladder.

I think I've narrowed it down to either the Professional version or the complete version. Can anyone tell me the major differences between the two?

I have 9324-RLD700NXENE, which is the 'Professional Edition'. It includes the following:
RSLinx PRO,
RSNetworx Controlnet,
RSNetworx Devicenet,
RSNetworx Ethernet,
RSLogix Emulate 5000,
RSLogix 5000 Pro - LAD, SFC, ST, and FBD

The Professional version also include 'Architect', but I seriously hope that Rockwell put that program out of it's (and everyone elses) misery.

The 'Full Version' 9324-RLD600xxxxxx includes only Logix 5000, and RSLinx Lite, without the other packages, but still allows for LAD, SFC, ST, and FBD programming in Logix.

Link to the various versions:
http://www.ab.com/en/epub/catalogs/12762/2181376/2416247/407648/1111463/tab3.html