TP27-6 on S5-100U CPU103

Sparkz

Hi guys,

One of you experts must have encountered this issue before:

I'm trying to link a TP27-6 (6AV3627-1QK00-2AX0) to a S5-100 CPU103 (6ES5 103-8MA03) using the AS511 protocol.
I used Protool v6.0 SP4 to download a screen into the TP, displaying the value of DB10,DW0. Protool labels the communication as "S5... AS511 v6.0".

There's definitely communication between the TP and the CPU, since the TP can tell me whether the CPU is connected or not. It will even tell me if the communication DB (here DB10) is available or not; in that last case it even stipulates how many words are missing at a given point in that DB.

However, when the DB is available in the PLC and everything else appears to be in order, I still get pop up windows saying "115 PLC starting up". No matter how I restart the PLC and/or the TP.

I've also tried to link the TP27-6 to a S5-95U (6ES5 095-8MA03), of course setting up Protool for TP27 - S5-95U communication; No change whatsoever; the pop up windows keep on coming!

I'm aware that these products are almost prehistoric, but any help would be more than welcome.

Best regards,

Robert 'Sparkz'.

Yep, that's it!

But to be completely honest, I also forgot to insert FB51:AS511 into the CPU's. (AIRHEAD!)

Thanks a lot, RGB!

Last edited: