WinCC and dynamically creatied Graphic lists and graphic_xx object.

domased

Hi, i do wincc project, which has to show images from harddisc using graphic_io_field or graphic_viewer. I tried to map graphic list to these object but i don't know how can i dynamically change the graphic lists with images from harddisc, or how i can create dynamically objects like Graphic_xx used in Graphic lists? Is it possible?

Thanx

I don't think you can update a graphic list dynamically. If you have jpg or gif images you could use the HTML browser object. Set the address equal to the path & file name and then call the Refresh on the explorer after resetting the file name.

Ufff, i tried to use HTML browser but it looks terrible...scroll bars, top and left padding of the picture... i am thinking about rewriting this application from WinCC to VB6...

Had the same problem a couple of years ago. I never found a good solution either i ended up with an home made Active X control to display the picture in ProToolPro. Since i never figured out hove to create ActiveX controls that could use protool tags as reference the control read with interval from the harddrive and i then used a script in ProToolPro to copy the picture from the camera to the correct path. It was an ugly solution but it worked. I just know that it has to be a way to make ActiveXControls that can be tied to tags in Protool or WinCCFlexible without using Siemens software but i am to inexperienced with VB6 to figure out how. Try to include Microsoft Progress Bar Control for example into ProTool there you get properties that can be tied to tags. If you want i can dig out the source for the control i created but since i am very novice with VB6 it probably wont help you.

The problem using scripts to create ActiveX objects i think is that the object you use there is not the same object that is created when you drop an ActiveX into the ProTool projekt and the scripts terminates after execution and deletes all reference to created objects when finished (At least i think so it seems that way).

Please let us know if you find any good solutions.......

You could make a script that would create an HTML file that would display the image. In HTML you can format the picture to display just about any way you would want. This would be a lot of work but I think it could be done.

Overall I like WinCC Flex but it is a little limiting on a few things. I think people are just now starting to use it so we are starting to see more and more post. Maybe not a good thing but it will help us all as we move forward.