RSLogix to Step7 converter?

Kyle Grathwol

This may be a really stupid question but I'll ask it anyway.

If you have an existing ladder logic RSLogix 500 program and want to use the same program in a Siemens PLC.......is there an application that can convert it to Step7 saving a complete rewrite?

As Alan said, no there is no automatic way to convert AB SLC500 to S7.

Here are a few tips for when you write the S7 program:

S7 LAD is very similar to AB Ladder code. Some collegues of mine have converted a large AB prgram to S7 LAD, and it ran with no problems.

Use the IEC timers in stead of the S5 timers. The IEC timers are very similar to the timers in AB. You find the IEC timers in the Standard Library.

Come back here and ask if you have a particular question, as I and others have been in the same situation as you.

I think there is a converter for RSLogix 500 to STEP7. It's quite expensive. It's called a 'programmer'!

Regards

Ken

Come back here and ask if you have a particular question, as I and others have been in the same situation as you.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Jesper. I will probably take you up on that.