third-party RSLogix 5000 XML tools

Jerry Holzer

Hi folks. Rockwell claims that there are supposed to be some third-party tools out there to parse xml L5X files into something you can view and/or edit outside of RSLogix. I want to save snippets of logic into a library that can be browsed with a sharepoint web part. RS Automation desktop promises to do this kind of thing, but it duplicates a lot of the functionality of a sharepoint enabled server. I would consider using Automation Desktop if we could actually make it work on our server, but I couldn't make it work on my server anyways because it isn't compatible with the current version of SQL. Anybody know of a solution out there? It doesn't seem like too much to ask for!

Last edited:
The simple minded way

I have been using Excel to store and resuse code for the RSLogix 500 and have tested the same system for the RSLogix 5000 and it seems to work just fine. You could then store you code as Excel files.