Dancer Positoners

scottmurphy

Can anyone recommend a linear positioning device for a Dancer arm?

Have done some google searching, but haven't been able to find anything yet, are these an off the shelf item, or generally made to order?

Do a search on "Dancer" here, there are some good suggestions.

In the carpet and textile industries, I have seem more and more lasers being used to control the dancers. The lasers are the type that give a 4-20 ma feedback.

Hi Scott,

We usually use a linear transducer, mostly Balluff. Generally they are off the shelf unless you have an unusual size or output.

George

Do you want to position the dancer or measure it's position ?

If you want to measure it's position I've used a Telemec linear proximity in conjunction with a cam on the dancer. This is a Non-contact method so nothing to wear out and cheaper than an LVDT.