DH 485 link coupler

urlauber1

Hello all,
I have an Allen Bradley dh485 link coupler that I don't know how to test. I have a 1747 pic device but the driver is not supported using windows 2000 or higher. We are using a cuttler hammer 1570 pm panelmate connected to the dh485 link coupler. Then another link coupler to the dh485 connector on a slc 5/03.

The error message on the panelmate reads "LOC: 2200 on ?? via port 1 proc. data from 2 "

The original panel mate smoked and we installed a replacement that was pre programmed from the oem. Any thoughts on this appreciated

I am new to this site...hope this is the correct way to ask for help.
Thanks
dean

I know the pic driver works in 2000 and xp only if the machine has a rs232 port.

How do you get on-line with the 5/03?

Assuming a laptop with a pcmk card .
You can use this to plug into the link coupler and maybe the panelmate should show up ?

Drewcrew6

My knowledge goes back a ways but it used to be that for DH-485 communications to a PM 1500 you have to install a license file which comes on a one time use diskette. If the OEM didn't follow this step when they programmed the unit then it cannot communicate of DH-485.

I believe during boot up the screen should mention if this option is installed or not.