Error message

paulpobs

I am using a Micrologix 1200 40 point with 1 16 point input module and 3 16 point output modules. When I verify I get an error message about a power supply overload. I am using a 24vdc 2 amp external power supply. Can I clear this error message or do I just ignore it.

Have a look at your IO configuration, then click on the power supply. It is just marginally over so it will probably be OK. The calc is probably done with the assumption that all outputs are on as well as all inputs at the same time. The remaote 2 amp pwer supply is irrelevant to the message.
Regards Alan

The message you are seeing has nothing to do with your external 24 vdc supply; it has to do with the backplane current loading (24vdc/5vdc) of the ML1200 base unit power supply. I just tried to get the same message by selecting an AWA, BWA & BXB base unit, with (1) 1762-IQ16 and (3) 1762-OB16 (I also changed these to 1762-OW16). The only way I can get that message is if I do not select an AWA, BWA or BXB base and select "Discrete Base" in the I/O config advanced tab. What do you have selected in your I/O config for your base, and which expansion modules are you using?

I thought the error was reguarding the backplane voltages.
I am using
1 @ 1762-IQ16 16 Input 10/30 VDC
3 @ 1762-OW16 16 Output (RLY) 240 VAC

40 point @ Bul . 1762 Micrologix 1200 Series C
The error is when I verify the project if I am using a 40 point base which I am.
There will only be a couple of inputs and about 20 outputs on at any one time so it should be ok.
I just don't want to burn out the system.

Our pipe benders utilize the 40pt 1200 and usually have upto 3-4 OW16 output modules..I'm use to seeing this error and have several of these machines in every day production.
Yes it sucks seeing the message - but its probably fine.