Op15 Com Text

Hi Everybody,
We have just recieved in our company a small assembly machine, and the text is in German on the OP15, I need to translate this into French but I have no way to communicate with this OP,
I have phoned siemens who informed me that they have stopped issuing copies of COM TEXT since 1994.
Does any body out there have a copy of this programe or tell me of another means of setting up a com link to edit the text.
Thank you all in advance.

Kevin Churchill.

Kevin,

COM TEXT is an 'add on' program to STEP 5 ...I take it you already have access to a PC/PG running this software and the appropriate connection cable?

Yo Kevin,

I still have a copy of COROS COM TEXT v3.10 (09.07.96): It consists of 3 floppy disks. But, as krk already mentioned, it's add on software. I never tried to run it without Step5. Back then, I installed it on a Windows98 laptop, which had Step5 v3.0 already installed. What I do remember is that the hard drive had to be FAT (so not FAT32 or NTFS) and I had to start up in DOS mode to make it run properly.

You will also need a serial programming cable; buy it or build it yourself (check layout in attachment).

If you're interested I can send you the 3 (zipped) files, just send me your e-mail address.

I too have COM Text - but be warned , it is not an easy install - you may well be better getting a cheap harddrive than trying to install on an XP/2K machine . It also uses LHA de-archiver which is problematic with XP

I wouldn't normally be free with offering stuff like this , but even Siemens Automation don't have running copies of this stuff (but then they are still on S7 5.3 .....)

I have the English documentation for comtext in PDF if anyone is interested.You may need it Kevin if you are going to redo in English. Comtext is not what I would call straight forward. Send your e-mail to [email protected] and I will send you a link so that you can download it straight from my computer. (it's to large for e-mail)

Hi Pertti,

Just tried to send you the zipped files, but apparently your mailbox size is too small:
Code:
<[email protected]>: message size 3360671 exceeds size limit 3145728 of server
If you do have a larger one, let me know and I'll try it once more...

Hi all,

Just for your information, im using Comtext on a Dell laptop running xp pro. All i did was copy the whole Comtext directory from a Siemens 720 PG to the Dell hard drive.
I just open Comtext through step 5. (very slow to open, but fine when its running)

I had to load an OP15 this week with a .O15 file, so i know its all working ok.

Im also running Com Profibus on this machine, again i just copied the relevant directory from the PG.

No istallation was required for either software package.

Cheers