connecting to a modem

Hartness

Hello,
I have a U.S. Robtic V.92 modem connected to a Micrologix 1500 LRP Series C. I want to be able to connect to the processor from at home. I have tried with rslinx but no luck, i think i am missing something, any help much apreciated.

Hartness,

Which version of RSLinx are you using? I do not think yo can conect via modem with RSLinx Lite.

Hartness,

The time I did this, I used some additional equipment from Allen-Bradley. I used their special PLC modem, and also their Remote Access Server software. Also, I had RSLinx Gateway version, which provides more powerful communications capabilities.

You should be good to go just using Linx Lite and a 232 modem...pretty sure that was all i used. We've been using GSM modems to establish comms with the plc, but it's the same principle. Have you set your receiving modem to Auto Answer (ATS0=n where n is the number of rings)?

Just a thought...it used to catch me out a few times when i first attempted!

Hope this helps ;)