Active Factory reports

Jezz

Hi,
I'm running InSQL 9.0 and Active Factory 9.1 , what i'm wanting to do is have a report I've setup run and, then save in a set location at a set time/condition .I'm sure this can be done but I can't find any infomation on how to do it anywhere .

Anyone got any Ideas ! o_O

I'm not sure if you have figured out how to trigger the report or not...If not there are a couple of ways to do it:

-Via the HMI. You can trigger the report with VB or scripting depending on the HMI you are using.
-Via Microsoft scheduler. I've done this before but this old machine can't do it so I can't really walk through the steps right now.

The easiest way to save the report is some simple VB code in the report. For example:

Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean)
Dim today As String
today = Date$
Sheet3.SaveAs "C:\" & today & ".csv"

The above code will save sheet 3 of the report file as "033106.csv" on the C: drive whenever the workbook closes.

Pretty crude but I'm an inexperienced, self-taught VB hack. ;)

Thanks Dr but thats not quite what I'm wanting what I want to do is have a report run when an event tag triggers it, there is a way of scripting it but I can't get my head round it I just need pointing in the right direction.

:confused:

Jezz said:
Thanks Dr but thats not quite what I'm wanting what I want to do is have a report run when an event tag triggers it, there is a way of scripting it but I can't get my head round it I just need pointing in the right direction.

:confused:

What HMI are you using?

We are not wanting to use the HMI unless we have to ( we have 2 InTouch packages on site Ver7.1).We are hoping to run the script with in InSQL or on the InSQL Server.