Who says Mitsubishi sucks

jdkasper

Years ago I built a simple control system to operate automatic shutters over windows and doors for the owner (now retired) of the company I work for. An FXos in a NEMA 1 enclosure with 4 omron cube relays and some terminal blocks. This was installed in an equipment closet (this is a very large house) that contained the original oem controller that failed and had to be replaced at least once a year due to spikes during storms at the cost of $420. Recently a water line burst over the equipment closet and the shutters went nuts. After dumping the water out of the relays and drying the plc (110vac powered) with a fan, the system works great.

Just thought this might be of interest to any Mitsubishi fans.

mitsubishi not only reliable but....

their fast and have real high speed inputs ,and yes never seen one crash yet . we have been trashing the A.B units and switching to mitsubishi ,like you said their stable .The A.B software is super friendly I must admit.

we have used AB plc5's and slc500 in a grey iron foundry for many years with very few problems. We have a few Mitsubishi's and I must say they are super reliable in the proper environment but when subjected to the heat and dust in the nastier parts of the plant they dont hold up as well.
Also as ford stated the AB software is so easy compared to the GPPwin ive been using.
bob

They definitely dont like coffee inside them.
I spilt some into one once while it was live and on my desk.

The nuclear explosion and mushroom cloud that came out was impressive.

The voltage buss lines were black splat marks. :D