traffic lights

twitty

I would like to find a simple ladder program that operates one set of green, yellow, red lights in sequence

Del Monte said:
Except for the one in my warehouse, but then, that is not the real world, by a long shot, eh?
Real world :confused:? Is there anything else but :site: out there??? I really thought this was the only real world (y).

BTW Twitty, you won't find your answer here. We don't provide solutions and we don't do other peoples homework. What we do is help people who have shown some effort to begin with. So, show us what you have got so far and we'll be happy to help.

Kind regards,

CaseyK said:
This is an inteesting request. Why would you only need one set of lights. This must be for a really cool dorm room decoration! Right?

In the real world, plc's do not control traffic signals.
Casey, you must be wrong on this one. If there wasn't a large demand for it then why would we be getting so many request for this

Pragmatic thought time:

Why don't we collectively produce the definitive official open standard PLCs.net traffic light sequence program. And then post it in a sticky with a subject like "Free beer and girls - genuine, really" to attract all the students as soon as they open the browser. And maybe we could throw in a J-K flip-flop and a first-up alarm just for fun.

That way they'd all get their answers and get top grades and become managers and be kept away from anything important in the machinery so their lack of real understanding would actually be a benefit all round?

And the number of rogue posts on this topic would drop.

Just a thought ...

Ken

Actually Ken the way to do it would be to design an incredibly complex program to just control three lights, from one who was in college doing this about a year and a half ago, the single stoplight sequence is about the second thing they throw at you. The people that teach this (at least the ones I had) probably did this for a living for some time, they aren't dumb and will quickly see that this logic is way beyond the capabilities that they have taught. Stolen logic, kid flunks, problem solved

miller_02 said:
Actually Ken the way to do it would be to design an incredibly complex program to just control three lights, from one who was in college doing this about a year and a half ago, the single stoplight sequence is about the second thing they throw at you. The people that teach this (at least the ones I had) probably did this for a living for some time, they aren't dumb and will quickly see that this logic is way beyond the capabilities that they have taught. Stolen logic, kid flunks, problem solved
I agree. I wonder how many teachers browse this site. My brother taught for a time and he constantly browsed forums. If it looked remotely familar to something he found on the internet he gave them a zero

TWControls said:
Casey, you must be wrong on this one. If there wasn't a large demand for it then why would we be getting so many request for this

It must have something to do with advertising.

Perhaps the outfit that I once saw online that sells a small stoplight head for "simulators".

McDonalds is a good example in advertising. Look at the demand they create. Is their food that exceptional? I used to travel with a group of guys occasionally that only ate at McD's, becuase it was "consistant".

I met a 20 something girl at McD's who said she would almost anything for it. ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

regards.....kc

Sorry Del, how's that floor sensor I sent you working out?

My sis-in-law was in an online class recently at the local community college. They had to post one answer to a question in the discussion board per week. Early in the semester someone posted a reply to their homework answer, in huge font, claiming the work was plagerized. They provided the exact quote from the homework, exactly where it come from on the internet, for the entire answer. The person didn't even bother to change words or to re-format. Just took 3 wikipedia entries, cut them all together, and didn't even answer the question.

You'd think people would learn - not so much. 4 weeks later, same thing.

I've heard several professors, undergrad and at local CCs, using google to find cheaters. All ya have to do is take a sentence that sounds beyond the persons skill, google it, and chances are you'll find the entire essay it came from.

I think it would be freakin hilarious if we came up with an extremely complex stop light program. That's exactly how my mind thinks. Good call Ken.

Write it is Structured text! That way, the only practical application would be on a PLC 5 (Im not sure if any other A-B PLCs use STL), and not a lot of schools and classes use the PLC 5 anymore for training (at least Im guessing, I know we use all SLC 500s, and I wouldnt think that the majority of training would be on the PLC 5).

Just my thoughts on things...

We should write it in the "open" plan, so that it is universally accepted by all plc's.

We give it to students, who will be SOOOOOO appreciative, that they will donate (and later tithe) to S&M, and we can all retire early.

Since I don't believe in "open", 1131, or whatever it is, I will relinquish this to "TW" to study.

ANTJON: Don't admit to thinking around here, among other things, you will instantly become a member of the infamous (or is it in famous) "PM Club"!

regards all.....kc

Last edited: