Rslogix

JRazor

I am looking for RSlogix software resonably priced...I've tried Ebay with no luck at all. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
RSLogix5, 500, or 5000? ... and each of these flavors has different options ... there's a free (but very limited) version available for download if all you want to do is try it out ... would that help? ... plus some distributors can give you a sample "try-before-you-buy" package with a timed activation ...

so what are you trying to do? ...

tell us some more and we'll try to help ...

and welcome to the forum ...

Thanks for the reply Ron: 500 is what I am looking for...I have the trial version and it IS very limited. I have my program written, but now I need the actual software. The prices for the software were outrageous every where that I have looked and wondered if there was somewhere besides Ebay to purchase it.

I'm afraid that the cheapest package of RSLogix500 is going to run you about $500 ... you can buy a copy from any Allen-Bradley distributor ... this one will let you program any of the SLC or MicroLogix processors ... but it will NOT let you do "online" editing ...

but since most MicroLogix processors won’t do online editing either, this software is a good fit for them ...

for online editing (with an SLC-5/03 or higher) you’ll need about $1,200 to get into the game ...

just be careful buying this stuff on e-bay ... some guys will sell illegal copies ... a few others will offer to sell you the “software” but no activation ... it won’t run without the activation ...

best advice: if you’re going to stay in this game, find some way to come up with the money and do it right ... are you just trying to learn? ... or do you have a paying customer? ... or are you trying to automate something for your own personal use? ...

I have a degree in Automated Controls (since 2003), I have installed/programed PLCs (mostly Allen Bradley) since, but have never had to purchase them or the software before now. I am currently working at a very small company and doing some engineering/automation work.
$500.00 is not a bad price compared to other prices I've seen.
Thanks again Ron, for all of your help and advice.