Reformat Simatic MMC card

hbojan

Hi,

It is possible reformatied MMC Simatic card with PLC or software and card reader.

Has anybody an idea where I can get a PC-program to format the MMC Card again in the Siemens original format?

Thanks for your answers

Bojan

So hbojan, they had you fooled too?

Some MF (#!~§!) also told me to go ahead, put the MMC into a card reader and whipe it. As you can see the contact layout is slightly different from a genuine MMC card. Sorry to disappoint you, but as to my knowledge the card is gone! I've also been snooping around for formatting software, but no luck at all. Back then I got away with it by telling the customer the card was busted.

The only thing left to do is to send it back to Siemens to get it reformatted. By now, Siemens must have an entire division doing just that. For some reason, programmers with not so nice intentions, keep harrassing PLC newcomers by telling them ******* like whiping MMC's on a laptop.

Last edited:
Thanks krk!

So to get the formatted MMC back on track, you will need another (working!) MMC card of the same size, make an image of it and copy this image to the faulty MMC.

Too bad I wasn't hooked up to PLCS.net back in 2004...(sigh!)

I've wiped a couple of MMC's using a card reader, and re-used them to take HMI backups (OP77 and OP277). Have never had a problem.

The problem I have got s a new OP277, which is supposed to accept both MMC and SD. Can't get it to recognise the SD. Message just comes up saying no card detected.

Last edited: