Connecting to existing SLC500 network

bpoon

Hi there,

I need to make some modifications to an existing PLC program. The processor that the changes are going to be made to is part of a network made up of 2 SLC 5/05 processors. I've been given the existing program, so I have the I/P information (address, default gateway, etc.). I'm just wondering how to connect to the network to download my changes. Do I need to create a new driver in RSLinx?

Under 'Controller Properties -> Controller Communications', I have the 'Last Configured' information with Node, CIP Path, etc. Can that be used to set up a new driver?

Thanks,

Ben

Just use the ethernet ip adresses for each processor, set up the ethernet ip driver for rslinx, and have at it.

Similar Topics

We have a new project to setup a control panel with PLC DL205. This PLC should be able to communicate to the existing system with BACnet protocol...
Replies
Views
Can it be done ? I've seen suggestions with routers etc. but surely this would be if I wanted to create my own wireless network ? How do I go...
Replies
Views
Hello, I was looking to store some values from our FactoryTalk Application using Datalog to a MariaDB. I see there is quite a bit of documentation...
Replies
Views
I haven't encountered problems connecting to a PLC through VM Ware but I am with this particular machine. I'm running Windows 7 on a Windows 10...
Replies
Views
Hi, I want to build a demo station to test devices and programs and I need some help with it. I want to connect GuardLogix, Piltzmulti and...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom