Siemans S5 URGENT HELP PLEASE

john clay

I am new to Sienams S5, and have a 740 PG. I can connect to the plc and upload, download and compare successfully, including switching into stop and run mode. What I can't do is monitor on line with the PG740. It comes up "block not processed". Is it something simple I am missing in the set up, any thoughts please.

Cheers John:beer:

john clay said:
It comes up "block not processed".

What block are you trying to view online?

Is it all blocks or just certain ones?

You could try taking the PG offline by pressing the F8 key or Esc key, then switching it back online by pressing the Ins key.

I have this message appear occasionally but only in blocks that are conditionally called, (JC)

Paul

john clay said:
It comes up "block not processed". Is it something simple I am missing in the set up, any thoughts please.

You are right, it is something simple like:
1) the function isn't called into program.
2) is there BEA(german command) before that part what you are monitoring?
3) is there jump instruction over that part what you are monitoring?

Try the monitoring OB1(cyclic program call), it should be able to see some state's.

-Pete-
🍻

PLucas said:
What block are you trying to view online?

Is it all blocks or just certain ones?

You could try taking the PG offline by pressing the F8 key or Esc key, then switching it back online by pressing the Ins key.

I have this message appear occasionally but only in blocks that are conditionally called, (JC)

Paul
Thanks Pete. Tried what you said but still no joy. The programme is a simple OB1 jump to sub routines and 5 programme blocks, no specials or anything. Fault still comes up "block not processed" - any other ideas?

Cheers John

simple OB1 jump to sub routines and 5 programme blocks, no specials or anything. Fault still comes up "block not processed" - any other ideas?

Surprise, my customer had a similar problem today.. I couldn't believe my eyes.. Laptop got an OnLine connection to the PLC (944B ) without problems. We got an AG-copy, Laptop showed an AG-block directory and so on, but we wasn't able to monitor PLC-program at all. When we opened the monitoring display, we got a similar error code in five seconds (using by my FieldPG -> no problems). As well the Force Variable function couldn't force any variables?? My customer STEP5 version is v7,0x. Of course we tried the customers laptop an other S5-PLC and it worked fine..

But, in your case:
* Have you tried to do your own "dummy" program block and have you monitored it?
* Are you able use Force Variable function?
* This is possible but in 99,9x% nobody doesn't use this kind of stupid tricks!
When you have a subroutine call, are you sure that nobody doesn't manipulate the absolute addresses in block address list? In S5 , even you have block call SPA PB1, but if someone changes the value of the address E003hex -> the real block call can be e.g. SPA FB23..
If you need some more details about this, maybe some native english speaker can help you better than me? What I have read some comments from 10BaseT and PLucas, I believe that they have good knowledge about this.

Pete 🍻

PS: I don't want to underestimate anybody's knowledge but these names jumped out first. :rolleyes: