Omron plc

kboggs

does anyone have any examples of or sample programs that will work with an ADI panel. I have never used a Omron before but I need to now. this panel has push buttons that goes into a register to toggle state. the panel is from ADI and has a Z card

ADI panel
Never heard of them I am afraid.
What is the communication method? Probably Host Link.
Is there anywhere I can download some demo software so that I can have a look?

Kenneth,

Which Omron PLC are you using? What PLC do you normally work with?

Biggest issue will probably be understanding the Omron memory map. The memory map is defined in the Programming Manual for the processor.

All Omron PLC's are Sysmac "something".

We need to know the "something". There should be a series number on the processor. Examples: C200H, CPM1, CS1, CQM1, etc.

Thanks.

Maybe you can use CQ series OMRON with CX-Programmer software.. I never used CS series, but i think it's same CQ series and CS series

Do you have the model/part number of the panel you will be using?

These mostly appear to be indicator panels, which would usually mean it will just monitor bits in the plc program.

Kenneth,

Let's get this moved back to the correct thread.

CIO is what the panel people tell me

I am going to guess that this is in regard to this ADI panel.
CIO addresses are bits, like inputs and outputs. If I understand this ADI panel it is a display only device. Therefore what you need to do is create logic to turn on an output bit to turn on the indicator on the panel.

GTSUPOUT how do you write a program to use the hostlink address I think the registers numbers that I have is 3855 to 3809 I do not know how to put this in the ladder I'm using CX 6.0

3809 to 3855 are CIO "channels" or registers. Each of these channels has 16 bits (0 - 15). Example 3809.00 would be an output address for a coil. I am guessing that this is mapped to a particular display area on the ADI panel. You will just need to create rungs of logic for each of the indicators you want to control.

Obviously I am guessing at how the ADI panel is configured, I have never heard of them before this thread, but this would be a typical arrangement.

Hope this will help.

Thanks very much I only have 13 days to deliver this program that I signed a contract to do. thinking it would be easy but I have never used an omron before and every PLC is unique. I might ask you some more stuff later so I hope you are listening. thanks again