Creating useful reports from RSview SE? how??

AndrewB

Hi all,

Got a curly question,

When using RSview SE to datalog (can do this not a problem)
The data presented is a bit of a mess in access or fileset....

What i've been asked to do is create a nice looking shift report from this data and save it daily.....

I know its a broad question, but how/what can i use to do this??

At our plant, I log the data using RSView32 and ODBC to a SQL database and then use MS Access to create the forms, queries, and reports.
There is canned software out there but it just depends on your time, money, and needs.

ok
Except i have nil access experiance and even less sql :)

I have about 30 items to log at hourly intervals
require a hardcopy at 0:00 hours and some sort of datalog with a new file name which is datestamped for each day

Current train of thought:
make a UDT in CLX with all the tag values in there.
Shift it down every hour on the hour.
at the end of the day:

1. have the data displaying on a hidden page in RSview and printdisplay it to the system printer.

2. Datalog the current data UDT every hour in a fileset datalog to a network drive and give the supervisor the datalogreader.exe util....

I have not used SE or CLX but if you are collecting data I would be happy to look at it and try to get you started using Access to retrieve the data.