Ladder Logic Problem

austinjjcm

First time on this site.
I am writing a program on a GE Fanuc 90/30 PLC. I can do the basics, but have run into a problem.
Pump control. Have 2 product pumps to be started from eight spots. Pump 1 to start with the first call and pump 2 starts with the third call. Pump 2 needs to shut down when calls drop to two.
What is available in logic to solve this problem?
Thanks,
John in Maine.

Assuming that the eight "calls" remain on as long as there is a need for product: Have each off-to-on transition of a call increment a counter. Have each on-to-off transition decrement the same counter. When the counter's accumulated value is 1 or two, turn on pump 1 only, when it's 3 or greater, turn on both pumps, when it's zero, turn both pumps off.

Here's how to do it for two calls. Note that I left out the reset line for the up counter and down counters. The two counters should be addressed to the same %R address. The 'P' coil is a positive displacement coil (On-going one shot). The 'N' coil is a negative displacement coile (Off-going one shot). This could get out of whack if two calls ever happen at exactly the same time.

Call1 Call1_On
--] [----------------(P)-

Call1 Call1_Off
--] [----------------(N)-

Call2 Call2_On
--] [----------------(P)-

Call2 Call2_Off
--] [----------------(N)-

Call1_On _____
--] [----+-------|UPCTR|
| | |
Call2_On | | |