Anyone used "Asi safe" yet??

AndEdtec

Just in the middle of instaling asi safe on a machine using a mitsi fx2n and mitsi asi master. Anyone else used asi safe yet or any opinions on it?

Andy

I've used it on four machines upto now and have nothing but praise for it. Information was a bit sketchy a year or so ago but after you've done a system yourself it is very straightforward.
We found that below 6 devices it wasn't really commercially viable, but 6 and above the wiring savings come rolling in. (Plus benefits of fault-finding, less cabling to hide etc.)
Emergency stops clip straight on the yellow cable, and guard switches are just filtering through with the in-built ASi chip - otherwise there's a block needed local to your traditional guard switch.
I've discovered that the monitors (safety-relay equivalent) are all manufactured by Leuze and badged by everyone else, so make sure you beat your suppliers to death on price.
Another thing - it's the first real safety innovation in years and therefore has gadget value. What more do you need?
Hope it goes ok.

Safety Devices

Just a comment on "it's the first real safety innovation in years and therefore has gadget value."
Omron have a full type 4 safety relay available for mounting on a PLC rack. It mounts to the CS1 PLC rack, is totally independant in that the PLC has no control - it can only monitor the device. The relay has a separate power supply and if the PLC should "die", will continue to operate independantly.
The points that can be monitored in the PLC are "relay K1 status", "relay K2 status", "safety relay power supply OK", "safety relay OK". Most usefull - using my first 4 at the moment. It only takes up the I/O space of a 16 bit input card and has 4 normal inputs for use as well.
Great for showing alarms/status on touch screens etc.
beerchug