going online with slc 5/04

hassell

what are my options to go online with a slc 5/04 i dont hace serial port or pcmk card thanxs for any help!

The most straightforward thing to do is to get a serial port for your computer. You can buy a PCMCIA-type or PCI-type serial expansion card, or a USB/serial converter.

I recommend the Keyspan HS-19 USB/RS232 converter. They are inexpensive and popular and have worked very well for me with RSLinx and other programs. They even support the "autoconfigure" function in the DF1 Full Duplex driver, which makes configuration nearly foolproof.

And you'll need one of the SLC-500 programming software packages, the lastest A-B offering is RSLogix 500. There are different levels of the s/w depending on your requirements.

Similar Topics

Hello Everyone, I'm a pretty green PLC tech and I need help logging on to some SLC 5/04 PLCs. I have a 1747-UIC and 1747-CP3 cables and I'm using...
Replies
Views
For some reason every time I go online with one of our SLC 5/04s It makes me upload the program even though the only differences between the...
Replies
Views
Im trying to figure out how to go online with a slc 5/02 and a proface touch screen at the same time, I want to be able to be online while the...
Replies
Views
Its been a long time and I must be forgetting something basic. I have a 5/02 with a fault. I have a pcmk card in my laptop and a cable from it...
Replies
Views
Its great to be able to contribute something for once after having used the forum. ANyhow, a particular 2 * 7 rack SLC system has been a...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom