tool to program an PLC

ramy

Hello everybody,

I'm new user of PLC.
I want to know witch tool I can use to programming a PLC, you know a tool like Visual Basic or something like that. And can somebody give also an example of programme for PLC.
Many thanks in advance.
see you later
ramy

You will need to buy the programming software from the PLC manufacturer.

Click on "LEARN PLCS" at the top of the page. Phil has kindly developed a simulator and you can find a link to it at the top of the page.

Oh
Where I can find this program?
In fact I need to write a programe on my PC and comunicate with the PLC by a serial port. Do this program this?
Thanks
Ramy

Do you wish to program the PLC or just communicate with it or both?

What brand and model PLC?

Ramy,

almost every PLC manufacturer has his own set of tools to program his own type of PLC. If you want more information about the right tools, it's of the upmost importance that you give us the brand and type of the PLC you're going to use. If you can't provide that information, I'm afraid we can't help you any further due to the vagueness of the question.

Kind regards,

Hello,
The brand of my PLC is triangle research or something like that (http://www.tri-plc.com ). In fact I have the tool to programming this PLC but I don't have the the name of programme to comunicate with this.
thaks a lot

Hello ramy.

I dont know the Tri PLC but, I am fairly confident that the necessary software for downloading the program to the PLC is included in the software package.
Maybe it is integrated in the editor software, or it is a separate tool.

Maybe you have got the "educational" version of the software.
It says that "It does not allow you to connect to a PLC or the TLServer for programming and monitoring of PLC operations."
I take that it means you can still download the program to the PLC.

edit:
Wait. Read this: "However, we do provide mock-up simulated sessions for program transfer and on-line monitoring so that you can have a feel of the actual process of PLC programming and on-line monitoring."
If you got the eductional version then you cannot download the program at all.

There is also a forum on Tri's website: http://www.tri-plc.com/faq.htm

Last edited:
Hi gays,

So, I can communicate with my PLC using macro in Visual Basic.

Somebody have documentation on how I can use the VB in oder to comunicate with the PLC.

By the past I also use VBA to perform siple tasks different than communicate with the PLC. I don't know the commads/functions/objects that I can use on VB formu PLC.

Thanks a lot
Ramy

ramy.

A little critique is in place here, if you dont mind.
When posting a question on the forum, it helps to be as specific as possible.
This pertains to the tecnical details (such as which PLC exactly), but also what you want to achieve in general terms.
In that way you do not waste the time of the responders, they dont answer to something different than what you (mean to) ask for.

I say this because you started with "how can I program this PLC ?".
Your last post seems to indicate that you want to exchange data with the PLC, not to program it. Is that right ?
If it is so, then there there is sample code on Tri's website for doing it in VB.

Sorry If I worry somebody, it was not my intention.

In fact I don't have a good English so at beginning I wrong formulate my question. Sorry.

Indeed the right question is to know how I can communicate with my PLC using a program on my PC. In this forum I received the response, VB is a good choice to program on PC in order to access on PLC. I find also some examples on the link that I received.

Many thanks and don't be worry

see you soon

Ramy

Your best best is to call a system integrator, he will be ablt to make any modifications that you would need, and still keep everything safe and up to code,less headaches or liability for everyone involved.