AB Contrologix PID ladder instruction

cappy1

I am using a PID instruction to control the speed of a motor using a 0-10 vdc analog output. I am looking for an example using the PID instruction in RS5000 to do this. My feedback for it will be from a virtual master geared to an encoder providing an actual velocity in revs / sec. Any examples of confiduring this instruction?
Thanks you.

Its too late here for me to feel inclined to give a proper answer, but my immediate reaction is that you should be doing this with the motion control instructions. ControlLogix has a set of very useful motion control capabilities, that on the basis of the information you have provided, are far better sutied to your application than the PID instruction.

Have you looked at the Motion Control instructions? With the right hardware what you want to do is very easily achieved.