how to get online

atreides

can anyone reccomend a book/website to help a sparky to go on line to various allen bradley plc s. which leads to use, how to config etc always seem to have problems

Ask your Qs here as this is the most informative and helpful website you'll require. Post your question, show your effort and reap the rewards of some highly skilled and knowledgable engineers. A lot of US guys have AB know how, as this is a US site where would be a better place to quiz? There's a Learn PLCs tutorial at the top of the page.

Ask away!

Do you have anything on hand already?
If you could list any cables or software that you have, we can help.
If you don't have anything at all, at least post what type of PLC you are trying to connect with.

Which AB Plcs ?

SLC 5/01,02,03,04,05 ?

PLC5 ?

Control Logix ?

Micrologix ?

Other ?

Are any on a network already, ie Ethernet,DH485, DH+ ?