Simatic MP270 Fault Message

urlauber1

Hello,I am getting the following fault messages on my MP270 display screen. "190011 tag DT_606_0_0 value could not be written to the PLC" also "1400000 connection established Steuerung-1, station 2
rack 0 , slot 3 "

This machine is still operating but when the fault messages appear
the push buttons are momentarilly disabled on the operator panel.
The message(s) usualy appear (for a couple of seconds)when you push one of the function keys.

The simatic MP270 is connected to an S7 414-3xj00-0ab0 plc via profibus communications .( I think ) My understanding of the communications is very limited.

Thanks
Dean

Hi Dean.

"190011 tag DT_606_0_0 value could not be written to the PLC" means that the tag DT_606_0_0 does not exist in the PLC. What memory address that is cannot be seen from the message. You need to examine the Protool or Win CC Flex application.

"1400000 connection established Steuerung-1, station 2
rack 0 , slot 3 " is OK, it only means that there is connection to the PLC.

The Burton Boys are kinda quite this year!
Seriously though, it sounds like the the tag configuration is wrong in your MP. It sounds like when you are sending a command from the MP, it is trying to write to the wrong slot in the PLC. Or the profibus addresses are wrong. Do you have the source and Protool or WinCC Flexible to check it out?

Well , taking a flyer at it - you PLC to HMI coms are OK , but your HMI is addressing a non existant tag in the PLC- is it just one pushbutton or entry field , or all of them ?

Yeah, Wards out walking around in the woods I hear

I do have protool but have never used it.. I think we will have to call in the big dogs.
Thanks for the reply

I am heading down to Greensboro soon and can stop by on the way down. Is this something you are working on or is it under warranty?

Have more faith !! Make a cast iron backup of the project . The open the protool application by double clicking it in Step 7 Mangler or double clicking in the \tdop directory of the project , and open the screens until you find the one that contains the object that won't behave .
Do that first and come back .

This problem has been around for awhile but is more frequent than before.
One concern is that if the machine is in motion and the message appears,
the operator can't stop the machine for a couple of seconds. There have been no close calls but the potential for a crash exists.

I'm going to try protool. Will back up the project first.

It might have got you a swifter reply if you had mentioned that in the first place !

Chances are by the sound of things that you have a loose wire in the profibus network - suggest you take everything apart and check , also possible is that a cable has a fractured conductor .

I assume that an ESTOP is in place in case of disaster ?

There might be more than one wobble bit , and at the end of the day to only half do the job is false economy - it doesn't take long anyway

I aggree with 10baseT.

It sounds like the connection is lost, and that can be due to vibrations.
I dont think that the other Profibus components are affected. If that was the case the Profibus master would react with a fault. But I would check everything anyway.

There is probably an error message like "connection disconnected" first, but the operator simply misses it because it disappears automatically.

edit:
In other words, forget Protool, the problem is hardware.
You can make a test to prove it: When the machine is in standstill, press the function key. If there is no error message, then it is clear.

questions:
What is it that can crash ?
Is there no other means to stop the sequence but the function keys on the MP ?

Last edited:
All functions are controlled by the function keys except E-stop.
The function keys control Auto, Man, control power on, etc.
There is one other hard wired switch called "feed enable" that will soft stop all movement.