Omron CIMRF7 inverter.

Leonardo

hallo!

For an application where we had to synchronise 4 chains, we used the Omron CIMRF7 inverters with ELS software.

The idea is simple: Each motor has its encoder .One drive is used as master, and the other 3 as slave! The slave inverters has dual encoder cards. On one channel, we connected the own encoder signal, on the other channel, the encoder signal of the master.

Everything is working quite good, but on one of the slave drives we get the error PF

(=Input Phase Loss)

When we disable the ELS function, the error disappears!!

Any one any idea??

Thank you all!!!

Can you swap the encoder card and then the main PCB with one of the other drives and see if the problem follows one of the the PCBs? Usually when you have an unusual fault code not related to the function, your main PCB has a problem.

The encoder follower system you have set up will give you excellent speed matching.

Hey!

good idea! the encoder cards can be swapted, but the inverters got different powers...
We will start with swapping the encoders, and see what happens...
But we will have to do it on a non-production day!

thank you for your tip!!

Even if the inverters are 230 or 380 or 575 volt power in, the main control board is generic to all the drives. There is an inverter model parameter O2-04 that will allow you to set the board for the size drive it is mounted on. See what is in O2-04 in each drive and then set it after you swap the main boards.

Be advised it will most likely default the drive to factory parameters. You will need to make a list of your MODIFIED PARAMETERS in each drive to insure correct programming. O3-01 will allow you to copy the dirve parameters to the key pad. Then you could use the key pad to change the board programming to match . I am not sure if the O2-04 gets changed.