ET200s & AC Drives

I normally think of an ET200 at a siemens profibus slave.
The answer to Eng_muslim is that if they can do the same job, then you should look at other reasons for picking one over the other. These include:
Reliability - Although everyone claims their system is reliable.
Availability
Service
Price
Ease of installation and communication
What are you already using and is there any good reason to change?

If you make your question even more vague , it will take even longer to get a reply .

I assume your are refering to the ET200S mounted VFD unit ?

If you have an application with many small motors on VFDs, then ET200S FC might be a good idea.

If on the other hand you have just a few motors, or they are too large for an ET200S FC, then a 'normal' standalone VFD over Profibus may be a better solution.

Similar Topics

I was trying to communicate between Siemens ET200S IM-151-8 PN/DP CPU to Rockwell Allen Bradley L73 through Hilscher Gateway NT100-RE-EN. Using...
Replies
Views
Hi all It’s been a while since I did any safety config with an S7-300 PLC and I think I must be missing something , I’ve added a 4F-DO output...
Replies
Views
PLC in the project that I am currently working on has following GSD file but I cant find it anywhere online. My PLC is ET200S and its CPU is...
Replies
Views
Got a new project using WinCC SCADA (V7.5 SP2) - the PLC is an ET200-SP, I've never had to communicate with one of these before (done plenty of...
Replies
Views
i m working on an old machine that has a layout of 1 cpu 6es7 315-6tg10-0ab0 (bus adresss 2) 1 et200s 6es7 151-1aa04-0abo (bus adress 4) 1 et200s...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom