DeviceNet config problem

Geza Kelemen

Hello,

It is possible to configure Flex I/O ( 1794 series ) by Passthru Ethernet to DeviceNet.
I got this error list . What I made wrong. Any idias?

And doesnt the 1747-SDN have to be above a certain firmware to allow passthrough ?

4.xxx summin springs to mind but i cant be sure without looking it up ?

I can upload the module information from Flex I/O adapter virtual chassis,
when I try to download ( to save the modules setting ) I got the error list.

In my opinion the SDNPT driver is OK. I don't have problem configuring
the ARMOR blocks and download to the scanner ( 1792D series )

Those error codes are unusual, but one is very common when dealing with 1794-ADN adapters; the "object state conflict". Likely the other stuff involving proxies is consequential to the passthrough mechanism.

When a 1794-ADN has an I/O Connection established, you cannot re-download a new configuration into it. This is true even if the I/O connection is in a faulted or incorrect size (Error 77) state.

So, the standard procedure for re-configuring 1794-ADN adapters is to remove them from the 1747-SDN scanlist and cycle power to the 1794-ADN adapter. That allows the adapter to reboot and not establish an I/O connection, which makes it receptive to reconfiguration.

Ken,

We talked with out A-B contact person, and he told us, the communication band for SLC 505 is not wide enough
to use passthru for configure Flex I/O. Passthru is valid just for ControlLogix.
We need to use the 1770-KFD, RS232 to DeviceNet module for this job.

What is your opinion?

Thank you Ken,

What I did wrong :

"" So, the standard procedure for re-configuring 1794-ADN adapters is to remove them from the 1747-SDN scanlist and cycle power to the 1794-ADN adapter. That allows the adapter to reboot and not establish an I/O connection, which makes it receptive to reconfiguration. ""