Transfer time to other Contrologix

imonline

I have 4 Contrologix PLC's on an ethernet network. I want to set the time on one PLC and send this time on a MSG to adjust the other PLC's time same as the first one.

I've did a GSV WALLCLOCKTIME to a DINT(7), Clock.Year, Clock.Month... on each PLC. I know that I need the SSV instruction to set the WALLCLOCKTIME, but how do I build this ladder? How do you move data to a SSV instruction?

Is their a PC on this network? If so, there is a free utility you can download from Rockwell that runs on you PC and you can schedule clock synchronization of all you PLC's to you PC clock. No code writing involved.

Is there a way to run the "Logix5000 Clock Update Tool" as a service so that the time is updated automatically based on the schedule set up in the Tool?

I've used this software in the past to run any ol application as a service. It isn't free, but it does work, and they have a demo version.

EricS said:
Is there a way to run the "Logix5000 Clock Update Tool" as a service so that the time is updated automatically based on the schedule set up in the Tool?

Thanks. I'll give the demo a try. We are wanting to install this on one of our PI interface servers and use it to update our PLC times automatically.