PanelView 1000e Dead?

Critt

Hello,
I have an Allen Bradley Panel View 1000e which I think that the screen may be dead. Every once in awhile (totally random) the screen will go completely white and then come back (sometimes in 10 to 30 seconds others 1 - 3 min). Any ideas? I have taken the back comer off and checked for loose connections but everything seems fine.

Has this system been functioning properly for a while, or has there been any recent changes to the program recently? I ask because I had a similar problem, where as I screwwed up with my addressing of several tags which caused similar problems.

There has been no changes to any programing. The system had been working without any problems until this screen issue came about.

Hmmm...sounds somewhat familiar. We had an issue with a PV1000 screen "blanking out" which I assumed to be the screensaver mode, but the screensaver mode was disabled. What I found is that there is an additional mode called "screen conditioner". From what I gather, it will run after an inactivity timeout based on the screensaver selected interval (even though the screensaver is disabled). It also wants to run for a total of 30 minutes (I think) so any time it is interrupted, it will go back into the conditioning mode until it completes the continuous cycle. I think it is setup by a hard-time entry (i.e. 2:00 A.M.), but you can disable it on the setup screen.