Micrologix 1200 Analog Module Help

mikewood

Hi Guys/Gals

I am having a problem connecting a pressure transducer to an analog module.
This my setup;
Pressure Transducer Thyracont VSC42MA4
4-20ma output Has 9 pin connector using 2 wires
Wiring diagram is like so
Pin 7 o---------------------------o +9-30VDC

Pin 4 o------| Controller |-------o gnd

Analog input 1762-1F4
PLC Micrologix 1200 1762-l40BWA

My question is how do I wire the transducer to the analog input and how do i configure the analog input.

Every time I configure the analog input for 1762-1F4 i get a fault condition.
When i use I/O read configure it give othercard......code=67 and verify program, error shows up as 'other' card detected no current load was taken into account.

I know that is a simple solution to the problem but it has eluded me.
appreciate your help.

In you offline program, does RSLogix 500 list the 1762-IF4 as an available selection? If you are using the "OTHER-requires module I.D. code", what code are you using? What version of RSLogix 500 do you have? The hook-up for a 2-wire transmitter for the IF4 should be Transmitter (pin 7) to INx(+) and your sensor's dc power supply negative (-) to INx(-). If you can provide the answers to the above questions, I cna help with the config.

Yes the RSlogix list 1762-1F4 as an available selection.
Other I.D. module code is 67.

The sensor does not have a power supply I was plannind on using the 24VDC provided by the Micrologix 1200.

The 1762-IF4 will not provide loop power for your instruments, you have to either provide the 24 vdc from a separate supply, or use 4-wire instruments that source their own current. I am assuming you mean the 24 vdc available on 1762-LxxBWA bases. If so, wire it as I suggested in the previous post. You should add and configure the IF4 module to your program offline, then download it into the controller. That should clear up the "other" module code and power supply warning. Note that this is just a warning telling you that if you use a module that is not selectable from the I/O config. list (Other I.D. code), it can't calculate the backplane power usage.

Last edited:
Okay i have a seprate power supply and wired it as suggested.
Now i need help on configuring the 1762-1F4 analog module.
When i download and go to run postion, i get a fault. Major error S:6 = 187h
The error meassage states the following:

Check module1. The expansion i/o configuration in the user program did not match actual configuration or speicfied module that was found or data size for the module was greater than what the module is capable of doing.

Last edited:
Got your program; now I just need help remembering what the I/O config looked like in RSLogix V 4.10. Your version is probably close to 10 years old, so it may not behave the way that my V 7.10 does. When you go to I/O config, does your screen look like this:
scrn1.JPG

If the answer is yes, when you click on the advanced config button (with your cursor over the 1762-IF4 module), does your screen look like this, with all three folder tabs showing (Expansion General Config, Analog Input Config, and Generic Extra Data Config)? If not, tell me what you see.
scrn2.JPG

O.K., that's great; we'll be reading from the "same piece of music" then. Have you opened the Analog Input configuration tab and set up your 4 channels yet? If so, let me know what the settings are.