Online PLC Parts Purchasing

cntrlfrk

As I am considering clearing out my own 'stash' of PLC items I've picked over the years from PLC upgrades, ebay, project overpurchases etc..., it occurred to me that there is a growing number of websites available that will buy or sell PLC's, new or used in addition to good ol' Ebay.

It concerns me that a $3000 processor that is small enough to fit in a lunchbox could easily buy someone a new hot tub or family vacation.

Is there a way to verify that items bought online are not 'hot'? Has anyone experienced theft problems that may be attributed to this? Does anybody care, as long as it's cheap and works?

Similar Topics

Hi. I’m trying to upload program from existing PLC S7-1200. Create new project in TIA v15.1 then upload. After upload successfully, go online but...
Replies
Views
Sometimes when I am logged in to a PLC and making changes remotely, there's another person using the PLC and making changes as well. Is there any...
Replies
Views
Kindly, we are trying to go online on an S7-300 plc, with profibus communication, using a CP5711 adapter. But when we open the Ladder and press...
Replies
Views
I have a device that is communicating to ControlLogix L83E. During apply of online edits to plc, the communication to the device is increasing 4-7...
Replies
Views
Dear Everyone I work with PLC GE-Fanuc. But I don't know that "PLC GE-Fanuc (Series 90-30 and VersaMax) can Online Edit Programming while...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom