L32E CompactLogix Controller

runx999

Hi all

Is it possible to program the L32E controller via the ethernet port. I have setup the network address on the controller and can ping it, but have not been able to establish a connection with RSLinx to program the controller.

Cheers

Hi dmac

Thanks for the link. I can see the ethernet port in RSLinx, but it does not select it as a valid path from the software. Do you perhaps have a link that explains the setup step by step.

Thanks

If you have all the EDS files correctly installed, RSLinx will show a "+" sign to the left of each network device or segment, so you can "drill down" from the Ethernet port to the virtual backplane to the controller itself.

RSLogix 5000 needs to know the path all the way to the controller, not just to the Ethernet interface. Even though it's physically built into the CompactLogix controller, it is logically a "virtual backplane" device and works similar to a ControlLogix installed in Slot 0.

browse_L35E.GIF

Ken Roach said:
If you have all the EDS files correctly installed, RSLinx will show a "+" sign to the left of each network device or segment, so you can "drill down" from the Ethernet port to the virtual backplane to the controller itself.

RSLogix 5000 needs to know the path all the way to the controller, not just to the Ethernet interface. Even though it's physically built into the CompactLogix controller, it is logically a "virtual backplane" device and works similar to a ControlLogix installed in Slot 0.

browse_L35E.GIF
Thanks Ken

I have downloaded the latest EDS files and will try it when I get onto site again. Thanks for the help guys.

Cheers
AJ