Converting seconds to minutes and seconds in logix 500

daleward

I need to display timer acc. in munites and seconds. without adding counters to track minutes. How do I do the math to show in minutes and seconds

Last edited:
Calculating mintues and seconds from a seconds timer seems relatively straight forward, all you have to do is divide the seconds by 60. But in the SLC, integer division using the DIV instruction rounds the result, so anything past a half a minute rounds upwards. What you need is to perform a division operation that will give you the quotient and remainder as seperate numbers. Fortunately, the SLC has just such an instruction: The DDV instruction for 32 bit division.

Use the DDV instruction to divide the timer.ACC by 60. The seconds and minutes will then be in the math register at S:13 and S:14.

See the attached PDF file.

Last edited: