Change textcolor in RSView32 display

mulderm

Hello,

I have created a display in a RSView32 project.
Now I want changing the textcolor of some text in the display
as follow:
When N7:0 (tag "Status") = 0 then the text must be Green.
When N7:0 = 1 then the text must be Red, and when N7:0 = 2 then
the text must be Blue.
How can I do this?

Greetings,

mulderm

Edit The Tag In The Tag Database, Make It A Multistate Then Select Color For Each State, What I Tend To Do For More Than 2 Colors Per Tag Is Set Up Tag As A Analog Instead Of A Discrete Then Select Colors Accordingly.

Sorry nswu1, but I am new for RSView32.
I can´t find a multistate option of the tag in the database.
Can you send me a printscreen of this?
I using RSView32 V6.5.

Greetings,

mulderm

Choose the object you want to have a change of colours

Select Animation - Colour and its in there

Im on v7.0 so i presume its the same....

heres the help file listing

Use this to configure an object to change color as a tag value, or the result of an expression evaluation, changes. You can specify up to 16 color changes (A to P) for any object. Colors can be solid or blinking. For each change specify the value (or threshold) at which the color is to change, the line and fill colors, and whether they are colors solid or blinking. If you choose a blinking color you can also specify the blink rate.
To attach color animation to an object
1 Select the object.
2 Choose Color... from the Animation menu or click the Color tab in the Animation dialog.
3 Type a tag name or expression that will provide numeric values at runtime.
4 Click the letter you are defining a color change for, then specify the value at which the change is to occur.
5 Select the line and fill colors by clicking the colored box beside the label to bring up the color selection box.
6 Select Solid or Blink. When you select Blink, you can specify a second color.
7 If you select Blink, specify a blink rate. The same rate is used for all blinking colors defined for the object.
8 Click Apply.
Tips
· The threshold values must be defined in ascending order, starting with A at the lowest value.
· If the tag or expression evaluates to less than the minimum threshold, the object is displayed in its default color (the one in which it was drawn).
Options
Expression
Type a tag name or an expression that will evaluate to numbers at runtime. An expression is a mathematical or logical equation that returns a value. It can contain tag names, constants and mathematical, relational, logical and/or bitwise operators.
Value
Type the value at which the color is to change.
Line/Fill
Select Solid or Blink, and colors for the Line and Fill. If you specify Blink for either Line or Fill, a second colored box appears. An object blinks by alternating two blinking colors. When you define two blinking colors for a change, they are both displayed beside the letter identifier (A - P) for the change. The default alternate blink color is black, unless the object’s line/fill color is black, in which case the default alternate blink color is white. You cannot select the same color for the blink on and blink off states.
Blink Rate (Seconds)
Type the number of seconds for the blink cycle. For example, if you specify a rate of two seconds and have two colors specified, the object will blink for 1 second on one color, then 1 second on the other color. The blink rate is the same for all blinking colors defined for an object.
Default Colors
Click this button to reset colors to their defaults. (Only A and B have default colors.)

Simplest way

NSW is correct. Mulderm, this is how you get to what NSW was talking about. With the display open that you are working on, go to objects, indicator, multistate. With this open, each state in the multistate indicator can have a different color and size font, along with other possibilities as well. Hope this helps.

Russ

russrmartin said:
NSW is correct. Mulderm, this is how you get to what NSW was talking about. With the display open that you are working on, go to objects, indicator, multistate. With this open, each state in the multistate indicator can have a different color and size font, along with other possibilities as well. Hope this helps.

Russ

Im confused or its too late and im tired!

Im in RSView 32 Works V7.0 and in Objects i have No submenu for indiciator or multistate ?

Now in panelbuilder 32 i have those menus ?

Am i going blind ?

Here you go, sample project linked to 504

Has text which reads MultiState

Has Tag "Status" which is linked to N7:80

Right Click on animation, then color to look at the expression.

Expression is:

If (STATUS == 1) Then 1
Else If (STATUS == 2) Then 2
Else 0

I also set the different colors:
Value 0 = Green
Value 1 = Blue
Value 2 = Red

Study this and let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for the link Mulderm

Looks like thats why i couldn't find Multistate as RSView32 has NO Multistate indicator unlike Panelbuilder and RSViewME & SE.

Link to Rockwell kb article explaining how to do add a multistate to RSView32 using activeX is here