Rslinx V2.42.00 pb!

ilhem

Hi; i have Rslinx V2.42.00 professional installed on my office PC (P4 3Ghz 512 Mo RAM ) with Windows xp sp2 , but i can't go on Rslinx menu ,or configured driver for plc communication, same version of Rslinx is installed on my laptop (P3 1.5 Ghz 212 Mo RAM)and runnig normaly ; what's a problem ?
ecxuse mee for my langage.

When you installed it did it all go ok ?

have you rebooted ?

Is linx in the program files menu?

Is the linx (chain & pc) icon in the task bar ?

What other Rockwell products are installed ?

Do you get an error when you try to open linx ? if so what?

More info would help!

have you rebooted ? yes more time;

Is linx in the program files menu? yes

Is the linx (chain & pc) icon in the task bar ? yes

Do you get an error when you try to open linx ? if so what? a error of langage appear in procedure of installation but a same error appear on laptop ;so it'is ok on laptop;

More info would help!

ilhem said:
have you rebooted ? yes more time;

Is linx in the program files menu? yes

Is the linx (chain & pc) icon in the task bar ? yes

Do you get an error when you try to open linx ? if so what? a error of langage appear in procedure of installation but a same error appear on laptop ;so it'is ok on laptop;

More info would help!

If icon is on taskbar then linx is running as a service. Double click on it to open
To stop Linx running as a service, goto program files, RSLinx,Lauch control and uncheck the always run as service.
I think 504bloke was thinking the same.

Last edited:
ilhem said:
I'm using Rlinx on my laptop in more time , but i think this:
my office PC is not compatible for linx excution !!!

RSLinx will be compatible when we get the problem sorted!!

Have you uninstalled RSLinx, rebooted and re-installed ?

Are you on LinxLite or RSLinx with a master disk ?

Like i said twice now a screen shot of the error would be good ?

ilhem said:
I have Rslinx Professional with master disk, and i have unistalled RSlinx an rebot and re-installed more times!

So have you installed the activation?

Have you any other rockwell software products installed ?

What happens if you double click the rslinx (pc and chain) icon in the task bar ?

Can we have a screenshot of the error when rslinx tries to open ?