S7 PLCSIM problem

Werner

I'm using an 6ES7 412-2GX04-0AB0 plc. According to the manual this plc (version 4.1) can handle 2048 timers. The plc simulation stops the plc when I try to use timers above 512. When I look online with the plc simulator in the performance data I see that the plc has only 512 timers. Who to believe? If it is true that there are only 512 timers in the plc then I have some major rewiring to do. If the real plc is true then I can still not use the simulator to debug my software.

PLCSIM v5.2

Anybody any suggestions?

Last edited:
Hi Werner.

The 512 timers that you can see in the module information is for the currently online PLC (which is S7-PLCSIM).
You 412 CPU does have 2048 timers.

It looks like you are correct. S7-PLCSIM only has 512 timers.
I dont know if there is a way to set it to more than 512 timers.

Reading the HELP in PLCSIM, it clearly states you have timers 0-511 so I don't think you can change a setting to extend them.
How many timers are you using above 511 ? Could you re-code them using the in-built SFB timers ?

SimonGoldsworthy said:
Reading the HELP in PLCSIM, it clearly states you have timers 0-511 so I don't think you can change a setting to extend them.
How many timers are you using above 511 ? Could you re-code them using the in-built SFB timers ?

According to my symbol list I only used 107 timers above 511....I think I'll test my software on site. Even if I could test the software, there isn't time to do that. The pressure is on so to say. Thanks for confirming my story. (Maybe the problem is solved in newer versions of the PLCSIM software?)