benifits and limitations

wilbo12

im having a few problems with the benfits and limitations of unitarysystems, rack mounted systems and modular systems. i believe the answer has something to do with the size of the systems and how many i/os they can handle. any additional information will be gratefully received

Ah, a new approach to the perennial HNC question.

If you were to perform a search of this site using the keywords "unitary", "rack mount" and "modulular", you would find a wealth of information on the subject. Be advised that some of the information is not for the faint of heart!

Furthermore, here are a few unsolicited comments on your writing skills. It is customary in standard English to capitalize the first word of each sentence. Contractions apply an apostrophe to indicate the position of deleted letters. The correct spelling of a word synonymous with "advantages" is "benefits"

They are merely typing errors, thanks for pointing them out though. I am too used too typing on word where my uncorrect grammar is either quickly corrected or pointed out.

I wouldn't rely on Word to pick up grammar mistakes, word wouldn't have picked up your mistakes in the following:-

I am too used too typing on word where my uncorrect grammar

Paul

P.S The site that Steve has linked to should answer all your questions regarding the PLC section of the HNC

Hey Wilbo

[rant]
Don't come here with your "...merely typing errors ..."! Get to grips with the keyboard - it's the main tool you'll use for the near future.

And if you do make it to the world of PLC programming, how do think your boss will feel when you dismiss the catastrophic errors in your code as "...merely typing errors...".

I'm not so sure they were typing errors - I'll bet you can type when you need to. I think they are English spelling and grammar errors. By your own admission, it's not that you accidentally hit the wrong key, you didn't know or didn't care what the right key was. Because Bill Gates had always been there to do his spelling for you. Take control - do your spelling, not Bill's. He gets it wrong too at times.
[/rant]

Ken